Don’t Let Drug Charges Ruin Your Future
Colorado is among the states with the least conservative drug laws. Recreational and medical marijuana are legal, and Denver recently decriminalized psilocybin mushrooms. That being said, our state’s drug laws can also be confusing and complex. And although the drug laws in Colorado are comparatively liberal, violating these laws can still lead to serious consequences.
If you have been charged with a drug offense anywhere in Colorado, you need the help of an experienced criminal defense attorney. In the Denver Metro area, the firm to call is The Law Offices of Elaine E. Lukic. I have over 25 years of experience in criminal law, including time spent as a prosecutor. My trial skills and my intimate knowledge of the state’s drug laws mean that I’m able to give my clients the strongest possible defense against serious charges.
Defending Against All Types Of Drug Crimes
I’m ready to help you resolve any type of drug-related criminal charge, including:
- Drug possession: cocaine, heroin, MDMA (Molly), LSD, DMT, ketamine, methamphetamine, etc.
- Illegal possession of a prescription drug: opioid painkillers, benzodiazepines (anti-anxiety drugs), Adderall, etc.
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Possession with intent to distribute
- Drug manufacturing
- Drug trafficking
The penalties for drug offenses depend on a number of factors, including:
- The amount possessed
- Where the drug is listed on the drug “schedule”
- Whether police believe it was for personal use or distribution
- Any prior drug convictions on your record
- Whether you were on parole or probation at the time of the offense
Details are crucial in any criminal case, which is why I take the time to understand the facts and hear your side of the story. I then discuss your options with you and work to resolve your charges in the most favorable manner available. That could include contesting the charges in court, seeking a plea deal, helping you seek drug treatment or another sentencing alternative.
Learn More In A Free Initial Consultation
The Law Offices of Elaine E. Lukic has two convenient Colorado locations and serves clients throughout the Denver metro area. To schedule your free initial consultation with an experienced drug crimes lawyer, call me at 800-478-8859 or send me an email. I can help.