Protect Your Rights. Fight Back Against A Florida DUI Charge.
Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is a serious charge in Florida. It can also be a confusing, frightening and overwhelming experience. From the moment you are pulled over by the police, your future hangs in the balance — and having an experienced, aggressive DUI attorney on your side is a must.
Even though the future may look bleak, don’t give up! Being arrested for a DUI is not the same as a conviction — you are innocent until proven guilty, and the state’s case against you is by no means an open-and-shut matter. Instead of giving up, work with Elaine Lukic, a seasoned criminal defense lawyer, to prepare the strongest defense possible.
The Conclusion Isn’t Foregone
Don’t assume the prosecutor’s case against you is airtight. Even if you took a blood or breath test to determine your alleged alcohol concentration level, mistakes may have been made throughout the process that violated your rights.
At The Law Offices of Elaine E. Lukic, I will thoroughly investigate your case, prepare a strong defense that attacks the evidence against you and take advantage of weaknesses in the state’s case. Some of the defenses I may be able to raise on your behalf include:
- Lack of probable cause for the initial traffic stop of your vehicle
- Absence of evidence to arrest for driving under the influence
- Insufficient cause to believe you were driving or in “physical control” of a vehicle
- Inaccurate or unreliable alcohol concentration test results
- Improper determination that your conduct amounted to a “refusal” to test
Fight For Your Freedom
Challenging your drunk driving arrest is especially important in light of the severe consequences that accompany a DUI conviction. These consequences are not only immediate, but also long-lasting.
Determining the exact penalty for a DUI conviction is convoluted, and dependent on the exact circumstances of the incident and the driver’s prior record. In general, however, penalties for a DUI conviction may include:
- Jail time ranging from 10 days to five years
- Fines amounting to $250, $1,000, $5,000 or more
- Mandatory probation for one year or more
- License suspension for six months, 10 years or permanently
- Installation of an ignition interlock device
- Community service
- DUI school
- Vehicle impoundment
Whether you or a loved one has been arrested for DUI in Florida, it is very important to get as much legal information about your situation as possible. Contact The Law Offices of Elaine E. Lukic in Palm Beach Gardens to get the information — and representation — you need to safeguard your rights. Call 800-478-8859 or contact me via email to find out how I can help you.